June 7, 2013

Happies and Crappies

I am linking up this week for Happies and Crappies, three days in a row with a post - what?!?


The Vintage Modern Wife: Happies and Crappies Link Up

Happies…

B has been amazing this week while I have been recovering. I am so thankful that I have had help during this process – he deserves major kudos

So thankful that my work is being so flexible with me while I recover, it is so great to work for such a great company - back at it on Monday though!

I finally slept through the night last night, this has not happened since last Thursday 

B is going to take me shopping tomorrow, let's see how long this lasts, it will be good to get out of the house!



Crappies…

Surgery. No fun AT. ALL.

My brace, it is just not comfortable at all, it is doing its job and I get that, but I still want to 
complain


 Not being able to drive, it flat out sucks. I have at least another week or so of this – YAY.

I am really missing not being able to work out or do anything. I am really looking forward to getting back to being more active. I will start PT in about a week and a half and I am ready to get that started.

Hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Eek! Best of luck with your recovery. My mom had surgery in early April and couldn't drive for over a month. It really upset her (and I think my dad got pretty sick of driving her around!).

    Natashalh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily,
    My name is Darcy... I am on my third day out of surgery after having an MPFL reconstruction. The pain is unbearable. I am wondering how your recovery is going, how the pain is, and whether you are able to be more active and mobile yet. I am a horseback rider and eager to get back into it. Thank you for your blog, I have read it many times now and the info helped me a lot!

    Cheers
    Darcy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darcy -
      Tried responding to your email but its no reply. I am about 14 weeks post op and doing much better. The first few days were definitely difficult but it gets better! I was in my brace for 4-6 weeks and I started PT at about 4-5 weeks post. Stick to what your PT and Dr say, I am just getting back to running - doing a few minutes at a time and I should be cleared next month to start turning, twisting pivoting etc... and I should be cleared to go back to sports in November. My ortho told me 6 month recovery so I have 2 to go. It gets better promise!

      Delete